1A small ornamental box or chest for holding jewels, letters, or other valuable objects.
- Originally a toilet box, jewel casket, or container for incense, it was adopted as early as the 4th century to hold the reserved Host, and carry it in procession or to the sick.
- This social comedy takes on new height when Tony attempts to help Constance and her lover elope with her casket of jewels.
- She took from her jewel casket all her finest brooches and pins, and chose again the silver one covered with garnets, as it was largest and most beautiful.
1.1chiefly North American A coffin.
- He gave it to my mother to clutch to her chest as the casket was lowered into the ground.
- Police top brass carry the casket, wrapped in the colours of the South African flag, to the grave.
- Then the children put their letters into the casket and kissed their mother's forehead, then Jonathon put his letter in the casket and looked at his wife.
Words that rhyme with casketbasket
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.