- A reddish, brownish, or yellowish mineral consisting of tin dioxide. It is the main ore of tin.More example sentences
- Arsenopyrite, cassiterite, molybdenite, wolframite, uraninite, and several of the common sulfides have all been observed at various locations.
- A greisen is a quartz - mica aggregate containing significant amounts of cassiterite, wolframite, fluorite, topaz, rutile, and tourmaline.
- The dike is characterized by a greater abundance of muscovite than biotite; it also contains columbite-tantalite, cassiterite, beryl, spodumene, lepidolite, montebrasite, pollucite, and tourmaline.
mid 19th century: from Greek kassiteros 'tin' + -ite1.
More definitions of cassiteriteDefinition of cassiterite in:
- The British & World English dictionary