- Used in reference to the supposed practice whereby actors or actresses are awarded parts in movies, plays, or other productions in return for granting sexual favors to the casting director: she was no stranger to the casting couchMore example sentences
- Have you ever auditioned for someone and they pulled out the casting couch?
- The formula is as old as the casting couch, but it's what you do with it that matters.
- Has he ever personally been tempted to lure some sultry ‘marginal person’ onto the casting couch before getting them work?
More definitions of casting couchDefinition of casting couch in:
- The British & World English dictionary