Definition of cat shark in English:
A small bottom-dwelling shark that has catlike eyes and small dorsal fins set well back. It is typically strikingly marked and lives in warmer waters.
- Apristurus and other genera, family Scyliorhinidae: several species, including the brown cat shark (A. brunneus)
- As a finale, Reon takes us the next day to a local reef famous for its cat sharks.
- When I first saw the banded cat shark at the zoo, I had a hard time understanding why they called it that.
- The brown cat shark is oviparous, with eggs deposited in transparent oblong cases slightly over 5 cm long.
Definition of cat shark in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan