noun[usually as modifier]
- A term or category that includes a variety of different possibilities: the stigmatizing catch-all term “schizophrenia.”More example sentences
- It's not, and it shouldn't be used as a kind of catch-all term to mean a big, powerful country.
- Eczema is a catch-all term for a number of different skin problems; the most common type, atopic dermatitis, is an allergic condition.
- The ‘fly-on-the-wall’ documentary is a catchy but catch-all term used to describe a variety of observational documentary forms.
More definitions of catch-allDefinition of catch-all in:
- The British & World English dictionary