Definition of catchfly in English:
noun (plural catchflies)
A campion or similar plant of the pink family, with a sticky stem.
- Silene, Lychnis, and other genera, family Caryophyllaceae
- A large number of wild flowers have been planted, including sticky catchfly, dropwort and meadow crane's bill and the trees include prunis, oak, rowan and lime.
- A member of the carnation family, Spalding's catchfly is a long-lived perennial herb with small greenish-white flowers.
- On November 17, the Service proposed to list Spalding's catchfly as a threatened species.
Definition of catchfly in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan