Definition of catchfly in English:
noun (plural catchflies)
A campion or similar plant of the pink family, with a sticky stem.
- Silene, Lychnis, and other genera, family Caryophyllaceae
- A large number of wild flowers have been planted, including sticky catchfly, dropwort and meadow crane's bill and the trees include prunis, oak, rowan and lime.
- A member of the carnation family, Spalding's catchfly is a long-lived perennial herb with small greenish-white flowers.
- On November 17, the Service proposed to list Spalding's catchfly as a threatened species.
Definition of catchfly in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.