Definition of catechin in English:
A crystalline compound that is the major constituent of catechu.
- A phenol; chemical formula: C15H14O6; several isomers
- Apples are rich in plant compounds called flavonoids including catechin and quercetin.
- One could conclude that foods rich in longer-chain catechin oligomers are most likely to provide bioavailable catechin.
- Other nutrients important for gum health include vitamin A, zinc, vitamin E, selenium, and flavonoids such as quercetin, catechin, anthocyanidins and proanthocyanidins.
Definition of catechin in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.