- Connected in a chain or series: catenated moleculesMore example sentences
- As to segregation of replicated daughter molecules, to be discussed later, topoisomerase II is thought to locate DNA crossovers such as those present in catenated molecules.
- Both the single-stranded circles and the double helical circles are catenated molecules.
- Depending on the nature of the catenated form of the original ligation product, bands corresponding to catenanies or single-stranded circles and their linearized versions were obtained.
- More example sentences
- A model that assumes that both the G- and T-segments belong to a continuous DNA stretch interacting with the enzyme cannot explain, however, catalysis of the catenation / decatenation reaction by DNA gyrase.
- Microconidia are formed from phialides in false heads by basipetal division, the developmental mode from the apex toward the base without catenation of cells.
- It was shown also that the same critical concentration of spermidine induces aggregation and catenation of DNA rings by topoisomerases.
Pronunciation: /ˌkatəˈnāSHən, ˌkatnˈāSHən/noun
late 19th century: past participle of the rare verb catenate, from Latin catenat- 'chained, fettered', from the verb catenare, from catena 'chain'.
More definitions of catenatedDefinition of catenated in:
- The British & World English dictionary