Definition of catenated in English:
Connected in a chain or series: catenated molecules
More example sentences
- As to segregation of replicated daughter molecules, to be discussed later, topoisomerase II is thought to locate DNA crossovers such as those present in catenated molecules.
- Both the single-stranded circles and the double helical circles are catenated molecules.
- Depending on the nature of the catenated form of the original ligation product, bands corresponding to catenanies or single-stranded circles and their linearized versions were obtained.
late 19th century: past participle of the rare verb catenate, from Latin catenat- 'chained, fettered', from the verb catenare, from catena 'chain'.
- Example sentences
- A model that assumes that both the G- and T-segments belong to a continuous DNA stretch interacting with the enzyme cannot explain, however, catalysis of the catenation / decatenation reaction by DNA gyrase.
- Microconidia are formed from phialides in false heads by basipetal division, the developmental mode from the apex toward the base without catenation of cells.
- It was shown also that the same critical concentration of spermidine induces aggregation and catenation of DNA rings by topoisomerases.
Pronunciation: /ˌkatəˈnāSHən, ˌkatnˈāSHən/noun
Definition of catenated in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan