- A horizontal beam extending from each side of a ship’s bow, used for raising and carrying an anchor.More example sentences
- The best he could find was a place near the anchor's chains on the forecastle, near the cathead the crew uses as a privy.
- He sighed and stood, balancing on the cathead, then stepped across to the deck.
- Section 771 prohibits the use of rope-operated friction catheads for hoisting as of January 1, 2005.
More definitions of catheadDefinition of cathead in:
- The British & World English dictionary