- A beam of electrons emitted from the cathode of a high-vacuum tube.More example sentences
- Inside this glass tube, evacuated of air, a negatively charged and heated metal plate emitted a beam - a cathode ray - that could be focused and accelerated by its attraction towards a positively charged plate.
- TV detector vans do not work by picking up radiation from the cathode ray tube
- This sends information to the cathode ray in the back of your television, which projects it onto the screen.
More definitions of cathode rayDefinition of cathode ray in:
- The British & World English dictionary