Definition of cattle in English:
1Large ruminant animals with horns and cloven hoofs, domesticated for meat or milk, or as beasts of burden; cows.
- Milk yield of milch cattle has been severely affected because of scarcity of fodder.
- Death is not usual but animals cease gaining weight and milk production in dairy cattle falls.
- They also kept sheep, goats and cattle to add milk, butter, cheese and meat to their diet.
2Similar animals of a group related to domestic cattle, including yak, bison, and buffalo.
- Tribe Bovini, family Bovidae (the cattle family): four genera, in particular Bos. The cattle family also includes the sheep, goats, goat-antelopes, and antelopes
- Cereal collecting soon gave way to cereal cultivation and the domestication of sheep and cattle.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan