- another term for tail fin.More example sentences
- Three fins in particular are observed to work together in a coordinated way during swimming: the pectoral fin, the caudal fin and the dorsal fin.
- Another physical characteristic of the brook trout is an adipose fin and a caudal fin that is slightly forked.
- Around 2.5m in length at a maximum, it is often smaller and easily recognised by its broad head, two large dorsal fins and a caudal fin that represents around one quarter of the whole body length.
More definitions of caudal finDefinition of caudal fin in:
- The British & World English dictionary