Definition of caudate in English:
1 Anatomy Relating to or denoting the caudate nucleus.
- Inferiorly, the caudate lobe is near the inferior vena cava and the quadrate lobe rests near the gallbladder.
- The caudate lobe, located in the lesser curvature of the stomach caudal to the duodenum, is one of the auxiliary lobes now used as a landmark for gastric surgery.
- Cranial CT and magnetic resonance imaging revealed a small metastasis in the right caudate nucleus.
nounBack to top
short for caudate nucleus.
- The term corpus striatum refers to the caudate, putamen, and globus pallidus.
- The putamen is separated from the caudate by the anterior limb of the internal capsule.
- Atrophy is most marked in the corpus striatum of the basal ganglia, including the caudate and putamen.
Early 17th century: from medieval Latin caudatus, from cauda 'tail'.
Definition of caudate in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.