(also cauliflower mushroom)
- An edible fungus that forms a distinctive fruiting body with a yellowish lobed surface, growing on wood and other plant debris in both Eurasia and North America.
More example sentences
- Genus Sparassis and family Sparassidaceae, class Basidiomycetes: several species, in particular S. crispa
- However, what is properly called cauliflower fungus in English belongs to another family.
- Our western cauliflower fungus has a characteristic deep-rooted base, which the eastern cauliflower fungus lacks.
- The more adventurous should also look out for the spectacular, nutty cauliflower fungus at the foot of pine trees or the under-appreciated oak milk cap, which has a carroty flavour.
More definitions of cauliflower fungusDefinition of cauliflower fungus in:
- The British & World English dictionary