A large extinct bear of the Pleistocene epoch, whose remains are found commonly in caves throughout Europe.
- Ursus spelaeus, family Ursidae
More example sentences
- The evolution of the cave bear and brown bear has been studied by analyzing both modern DNA samples and ancient DNA from fossils.
- The cave bear became extinct at the end of the late glacial period.
- In it, a cave bear and dinosaurs are found in their prehistoric element; at one point, the bear fights with a dinosaur and is flipped upside down in the fight.
Definition of cave bear in:
- The British & World English dictionary