Definition of cave bear in English:
A large extinct bear of the Pleistocene epoch, whose remains are found commonly in caves throughout Europe.
- Ursus spelaeus, family Ursidae
- The evolution of the cave bear and brown bear has been studied by analyzing both modern DNA samples and ancient DNA from fossils.
- The cave bear became extinct at the end of the late glacial period.
- In it, a cave bear and dinosaurs are found in their prehistoric element; at one point, the bear fights with a dinosaur and is flipped upside down in the fight.
Definition of cave bear in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan