Definition of cave salamander in English:
A cave-dwelling salamander with pinkish to brown skin.
- Several genera and species in the family Plethodontidae, including the North American Eurycea lucifuga and the European genus Hydromantes
- The Tf1 / sushi group contains sushi and Hsr1 from the cave salamander Hydromantes supramontis.
- For example, in Slovenian folklore the blind and ghostly pale cave salamander Proteus anguinus is thought to be the larval stage of a dragon.
- Students play the roles of various cave creatures, including cave crayfish, cave shrimp, and cave salamander.
Definition of cave salamander in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan