Definition of caveman in English:
noun (plural cavemen)
1A prehistoric man who lived in caves.
- To illustrate the point, he told a story of a group of cavemen living in prehistoric times.
- We also have drawings in caves from the earliest cavemen showing various animal drawings in detail with unidentified flying objects above them.
- They point to newly discovered prehistoric cave drawings (in S.W. France, no less) which reveal cavemen & cavewomen to be sensitive artists.
1.1A man whose behavior is uncivilized or violent: [as modifier]: you can’t change my mind by caveman tactics
More example sentences
- As for the caveman style headlines, I actually get a kick out of them sometimes.
- Tom got into a drunken caveman style fight and started lunging at one of our new friends, Gregor.
- A jealous pimp removes the caveman stud from the picture by employing Ben as a drug mule.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan