Definition of caveman in English:
noun (plural cavemen)
1A prehistoric man who lived in caves.
- To illustrate the point, he told a story of a group of cavemen living in prehistoric times.
- We also have drawings in caves from the earliest cavemen showing various animal drawings in detail with unidentified flying objects above them.
- They point to newly discovered prehistoric cave drawings (in S.W. France, no less) which reveal cavemen & cavewomen to be sensitive artists.
1.1A man whose behavior is uncivilized or violent: [as modifier]: you can’t change my mind by caveman tactics
More example sentences
- As for the caveman style headlines, I actually get a kick out of them sometimes.
- Tom got into a drunken caveman style fight and started lunging at one of our new friends, Gregor.
- A jealous pimp removes the caveman stud from the picture by employing Ben as a drug mule.