- 1Like a cavern in size, shape, or atmosphere: a cavernous warehouseMore example sentences
- A huge beautifully styled bar - which managed to lose none of its charm or atmosphere in spite of its cavernous size.
- The atmosphere created in the cavernous Palau Sant Jordi was extraordinary.
- Radiation and winds emanating from the star have sculpted the Trifid cloud into its current cavernous shape.
- 1.1Giving the impression of vast, dark depths: his cavernous eyesMore example sentences
- Boxes emerged from closets, beneath beds, and from the cavernous depths of Mother's storage house.
- And if I shake it, I can hear everything inside it rattling around inside its cavernous depths.
- The interior is gothic and cavernous - all dark wood and polish folk songs on the stereo.
- More example sentences
- The press conference convened on Tuesday at the cavernously empty Fed Hall.
- They have inevitably eaten onions recently and are related to those people who sit directly in front of you in a cavernously, echoingly, empty movie theater.
- Carl yawns cavernously, making sure everyone within a ten foot radius catches a glimpse of his tonsils.
late Middle English: from Old French caverneux or Latin cavernosus (from caverna 'cavern').