Definition of ceanothus in English:
A North American shrub of the buckthorn family, cultivated for its dense clusters of small blue or white flowers.
- Genus Ceanothus, family Rhamnaceae: numerous species, especially in the western US, including the blueblossom ceanothus of the Pacific coast
- Plants chosen for drought tolerance as well as color thrive here, including catmint (Nepeta ‘Blue Wonder’), ceanothus, lychnis, penstemon, purple coneflower, rockrose, rosemary, and star jasmine.
- To distinguish a blue blossom ceanothus from a musk bush, for example, look for ridges on the plants' stems.
- Take heel cuttings from ceanothus, penstemons, lavenders, santolinas and philadelphus.
Definition of ceanothus in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.