(also lesser celandine)
Definition of celandine in English:
A common plant of the buttercup family that produces yellow flowers in the early spring, reproducing either by seed or by bulbils at the base of the stems. See also greater celandine.
- Ranunculus ficaria, family Ranunculaceae
- Spring flowers which can be spotted in the wood at this time of year include the yellow celandine, marsh marigold and wood anemone (also known as wind flower).
- Spring flowers - celandines, primroses, violets, wood anemones - were followed by pyramid and early purple orchids, wild thyme and rockrose.
- A member of the poppy family, the celandine plant is distinct for its golden yellow flower and bright orange milky juice.
Definition of celandine in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia