Definition of celery in English:
A cultivated plant of the parsley family, with closely packed succulent leafstalks that are eaten raw or cooked.
- Apium graveolens variety dulce, family Umbelliferae
- Finely chop the shallots, garlic, basil, celery, parsley and beetroot and place in a bowl.
- Slice the carrots, leeks and celery and add to the pot with the parsley stalks and bay leaves, salt and pepper.
- Heat the oil in a pan, then sauté the carrot, celery and onion until golden.
Words that rhyme with celeryharlotry • pedlary
Definition of celery in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan