- The action of finding one’s way by observing the sun, moon, and stars.More example sentences
- It should be noted, however, that despite what you might read in books and articles, the Indigo Bunting is the only species of bird which has been demonstrated to use celestial navigation.
- The three-year expedition from 1804-1806 comprised around 40 men, variously skilled in botany, meteorology, zoology, celestial navigation, Indian sign language, carpentry, gun repair and boat handling.
- However, due to lengthy computations and the space needed for large charts, the timeworn system of celestial navigation was ill suited to the airplane cockpit.
More definitions of celestial navigationDefinition of celestial navigation in:
- The British & World English dictionary