- An imaginary sphere of which the observer is the center and on which all celestial objects are considered to lie.More example sentences
- If one extrapolates the equator of the Earth out into the sky, the celestial equator is delineated as a circle cutting the celestial sphere into two.
- Stars located far from the Sun on the celestial sphere were observed to experience a shift in their apparent position, though far more weakly than for stars positioned closer to the Sun.
- Throughout this book, Guest weaves in connections to Berlioz, ballet, choreography, the origins of poetry itself and multi-faceted aspects of imagined celestial spheres.
More definitions of celestial sphereDefinition of celestial sphere in:
- The British & World English dictionary