- Denoting the aspect of an immune response involving the action of white blood cells, rather than that of circulating antibodies. Often contrasted with humoral.More example sentences
- The immune system mounts a cell-mediated reaction in which macrophages attach to the outer walls of the bacteria for active phagocytosis.
- In the present study, we also observed that lymphocytes, the mediators of the cell-mediated immune response, are noted more frequently around Fas-positive but not Fas-negative cells.
- Sarcoidosis is considered to be a hypersensitivity disorder, in which an antigen induces a T cell-mediated cellular immune response.
More definitions of cell-mediatedDefinition of cell-mediated in:
- The British & World English dictionary