Definition of cellular in English:
1Of, relating to, or consisting of living cells: cellular proliferation
More example sentences
- Cells include histologically viable and necrotic eosinophils and other inflammatory cells, and cellular debris is often abundant.
- In animal cells, Prx are implicated in complex cellular processes including cell proliferation, differentiation, and apoptosis.
- These cells form distinctive cellular masses, which are termed endocrine glands.
2Denoting or relating to a mobile telephone system that uses a number of short-range radio stations to cover the area that it serves, the signal being automatically switched from one station to another as the user travels about.
- A user of the cellular telephone generates a preliminary message including an Internet e-mail address for the Internet station.
- Systems and methods which enable fast and simple identification of unauthorized users of cellular telephones are described.
- They reckon that the ruling on in-flight phone calls is just a way for airlines to make you use their own pricey cellular telephone systems.
4Consisting of small compartments or rooms: cellular accommodations
More example sentences
- Above the banking hall is a brick-clad volume containing cellular conference rooms and offices which require a greater degree of seclusion.
- Another wing contains cellular rooms around an internal open-air courtyard for the Sukka festival.
- A hierarchy of scale obtains, with larger spaces at lower level and smaller cellular rooms on the upper floors.
- Example sentences
- Supporting evidence for malignant transformation included high cellularity, increased mitotic activity, cellular pleomorphism, hemorrhage, and necrosis.
- Using the Fisher exact test, the difference in cellularity of the lesions in the childbearing age group versus perimenopausal and postmenopausal women was statistically significant.
- One spinal tumor demonstrated focal histologic features consistent with a high-grade sarcoma, including brisk mitoses, increased cellularity, marked nuclear hyperchromasia, and marked cellular pleomorphism.
Definition of cellular in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan