Definition of celosia in English:
A plant of a genus that includes cockscomb.
- Genus Celosia, family Amarantaceae
- Colourful petunias, vincas, celosias, dahlias and so on offer a feast to the eyes.
- Skip dwarf bedding plants; you need celosias 20-to 40-inches tall for dramatic vertical accent in arrangements.
- Replace fading cool-season annuals with heat lovers like celosias, dahlias, marigolds, petunias, salvias, and verbenas.
Modern Latin, from Greek kēlos 'burned or dry' (from the burned appearance of the flowers in some species).
Definition of celosia in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.