Definition of centaurea in English:
A plant of a Eurasian genus that includes the cornflower and knapweed. Several kinds are cultivated for their bright flowers.
- Genus Centaurea, family Compositae
- A new strain of Marguerite centaureas has a better form and more substance to the blossoms.
- The tender centaureas are valued for summer bedding on account of their pure silvery or bluish tinted white foliage.
- If you are sowing in spring, it's a good idea to make more than one sowing of the annuals because centaureas are not long-blooming plants.
Definition of centaurea in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.