Definition of centaurea in English:
A plant of a Eurasian genus that includes the cornflower and knapweed. Several kinds are cultivated for their bright flowers.
- Genus Centaurea, family Compositae
- A new strain of Marguerite centaureas has a better form and more substance to the blossoms.
- The tender centaureas are valued for summer bedding on account of their pure silvery or bluish tinted white foliage.
- If you are sowing in spring, it's a good idea to make more than one sowing of the annuals because centaureas are not long-blooming plants.
Definition of centaurea in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia