Definition of centaury in English:
noun (plural centauries)
A widely distributed herbaceous plant of the gentian family, typically having pink petals atop long calyx tubes.
- Centaurium and related genera, family Gentianaceae: many species, including the wild C. pulchellum and the cultivated ornamental C. scilloides
- Centaury varies a great deal according to) its situation, and some botanists enumerate several distinct species.
- The leaves, stems, and flowers of centaury are used medicinally.
- The mythical centaur Chironia, cured a poison arrow wound with centaury, hence its name.
Words that rhyme with centaurypalfrey • paltry • outlawry
Definition of centaury in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan