- The centroid of the immersed part of a ship or other floating body.More example sentences
- Although this position appears to enhance stability as determined from the arrow model, it also appears to be nearly coincident with the center of buoyancy.
- This distance is called the metacentric height, which takes negative values when the center of mass is above the center of buoyancy, as is common among fishes.
- This is difficult to do since the center of your body mass is about 6 inches above your navel, but your center of buoyancy is between your armpits.
More definitions of center of buoyancyDefinition of center of buoyancy in:
- The British & World English dictionary