- A monetary unit of Switzerland and certain other countries (including France, Belgium, and Luxembourg until the introduction of the euro), equal to one hundredth of a franc or other decimal currency unit.More example sentences
- The shares gained 20 centimes, or 0.4%, to 52.20 Swiss francs as of 10.08 am in Zurich.
- Yet this same day, my local Pressing, where I bring my sumptuous linen sheets to be cleaned (which I bought by being cheap, and bargained for at a flea market), mistakenly overcharged me 60 centimes, which I didn't discover until I got home.
- Go into just about every boulangerie in France nowadays and a standard baguette costs 80 centimes.
French, from Latin centesimus 'hundredth', from centum 'a hundred'.
More definitions of centimeDefinition of centime in:
- The British & World English dictionary