, abbreviation: cm)
- A metric unit of length, equal to one hundredth of a meter.More example sentences
- The same numbers apply if I measure distance in miles or centimeters or any other unit.
- Individual coal balls range from a few centimetres to over a metre in length.
- Squid come in all sizes, from a centimetre to over a metre in length, and the life cycles of different species vary greatly.
More definitions of centimeterDefinition of centimeter in:
- The British & World English dictionary