Definition of centipede in English:
A predatory myriapod invertebrate with a flattened elongated body composed of many segments. Most segments bear a single pair of legs.
- Class Chilopoda: several orders
- Some arthropods, like the centipedes, millipedes, and insects, have legs with a single branch (uniramous appendages).
- The rubbish also attracted beetles, flies, centipedes and millipedes.
- Silurian strata have provided likely ascomycete fossils (a group of fungi), as well as remains of the first arachnids and centipedes.
Words that rhyme with centipedevelocipede • Siegfried
Definition of centipede in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan