Definition of centric in English:
1In or at the center; central: centric and peripheral forces
More example sentences
- ‘The 1991 elections created a sociological mistake by expressing a potential for a centric option because of an artificial division between left and right parties,’ added Dimitrova.
- Facts such as the proportion of a book page, the printing in clear black ink on good white paper, the traditional harmony of centric design.
- The galloping, tinny, insistence of the entering drumbeat complements the solid but unobtrusively centric anchoring provided by Robert Donne's bass - minimal yet of maximum importance.
2 Botany (Of a diatom) radially symmetrical. Compare with pennate.
- The diatoms were the most diverse and abundant assemblage of algae throughout the year at both stations, with the centric diatoms more abundant than the pennate species.
- We did not identify Cyclotella meneghiniana Kuetzing in any of our samples despite lists which described C. meneghiniana as the dominant centric diatom present in the lake (Parson and Parker 1989a).
- The planktonic centric diatom Actinocyclus nonnanhi was the primary vector of tracer nitrogen to benthic and water-column organisms.
- Example sentences
- Hotel Continental Barcelona is a small hotel located in the most centrical and emblematic area of Barcelona.
- Parador El Ferrol Hotel is located in the centrical place where the old city of medieval style ends and the modern rationalist one dating from the 18th century begins.
- After a skilful contest, Miss Harcourt was declared the successful Archer, having the most centrical arrow of the whole.
- Example sentences
- A significant measure of centricity was established to facilitate the operation of state bureaucracy, but the system was not monolithic.
- Thus the overall comprehensibility of the piece suffers somewhat by the constant shifting of tonal frames of reference - between sections that assert focal centricity and those that float free from it.
- A distinct centricity therefore is inaugurated in this opening section by two musical sentences, each concluding with structurally important silences.
Definition of centric in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan