- 1 Biology A region of clear, differentiated cytoplasm from which the asters extend during cell division and containing the centriole(s) if present.More example sentences
- The decisive point is that the chromosomes are bilateral, and can be related to only two centrospheres.
- Our work during the past 18 years suggests that the centrosphere is the cellular location of an integrative system that controls cell motility.
- In addition to that in the centrosphere, numerous other well developed Golgi complexes are found elsewhere in the cytoplasm.
- 2 Geology The central or inner part of the earth.More example sentences
- To find out how and why Earth became a habitable planet, we are studying what happens inside it, at depths of more than 1,000 km, and also in the area between the core-mantle boundary and the centrosphere.
- Of fundamental importance here is the extent to which magma, which after being heated by the centrosphere rises and thus causes dominant processes, such as drifting-apart of continents and orogenesis, triggers climatic and sea level fluctuations as well.
- The substances brought within the reach of observation in veinstones, in lavas, and hypogene rocks - by the action of water as a solvent and sublimant - warrant the belief that the centrosphere is largely made up of metals and metalloids with imprisoned gases.