- (In some arthropods, especially trilobites) the region of the head, composed of fused segments.More example sentences
- This problem is reflected in the ongoing uncertainty about the number of biramous appendages in the trilobite cephalon.
- This specimen cannot be specifically identified because it lacks the cephalon and first thoracic segment.
- Members of the Agnostina have only two segments between the cephalon and pygidium, and never have cephalic sutures.
late 19th century: from Greek kephalē 'head'.
More definitions of cephalonDefinition of cephalon in:
- The British & World English dictionary