- A check that is guaranteed by a bank.More example sentences
- She accepts ‘no personal checks, no cashier's checks - only certified checks, only bank checks, always paid before the last performance.’
- Cashier's checks or certified checks on the other hand clear right away because the bank sets aside the money in the account specifically for that withdrawal.
- ‘I had requested a certified check,’ he says, ‘and they sent me about 35 money orders.’
More definitions of certified checkDefinition of certified check in:
- The British & World English dictionary