- A mammal of the deer family (Cervidae).More example sentences
- Although no reindeer have ever been affected by chronic wasting disease, many states have closed their borders to all members of the cervid family - including deer, elk, moose, and reindeer.
- As mentioned above, the comparison of the hypsodonty values of cervids with those of modern deer suggests that the cervids were mixed feeders or browsers from closed habitats.
- Musk deer are similar to cervids in many respects and are often classified as a subfamily of the Cervidae.
late 19th century: from modern Latin Cervidae (plural), from Latin cervus 'deer'.
More definitions of cervidDefinition of cervid in:
- The British & World English dictionary