noun (plural cervices /-vəˌsēz/)
- 1The narrow necklike passage forming the lower end of the uterus.More example sentences
- The cervix forms the lower third, connected by a narrow isthmus to the main muscular body of the uterus.
- Both of these techniques can be used throughout pregnancy to allow a closer look at the cervix and lower uterus.
- The IUD is inserted through the cervix and into the womb, while the vagina is held open as in a cervical smear test.
mid 18th century: Latin.
More definitions of cervixDefinition of cervix in:
- The British & World English dictionary