A marine mammal of the order Cetacea; a whale, dolphin, or porpoise.
- Killer whales also prey on mammals such as other cetaceans and pinnipeds, as well as on birds and large fish.
- Odontocete cetaceans rely upon echolocation to sense the environment and detect prey.
- Within odontocete cetaceans, variation in body design affects stability and turning performance.
Relating to or denoting cetaceans.
- To work for closer integration of environmental concerns into fisheries management including a reduction in small cetacean casualties.
- Further studies will be needed to finally identify the role of the diaphragm in cetacean ventilation.
- No ancient DNA has yet been used for cetacean systematics.
Words that rhyme with cetaceanablation, aeration, agnation, Alsatian, Amerasian, Asian, aviation, citation, conation, creation, Croatian, counterdemonstration, counterproliferation, crustacean, curation, Dalmatian, delation, dilation, donation, duration, elation, fixation, Galatian, geolocation, glocalization, gyration, Haitian, halation, Horatian, ideation, illation, lavation, legation, libation, location, lunation, mutation, natation, nation, negation, notation, nutation, oblation, oration, ovation, potation, relation, rogation, rotation, Sarmatian, sedation, Serbo-Croatian, station, staycation, taxation, Thracian, vacation, vexation, vocation, zonation
Definition of cetacean in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.