Definition of cetology in English:
The branch of zoology that deals with whales, dolphins, and porpoises.
- In his discourse on cetology, Ishmael describes himself in passing as ‘an American whaleman’.
- Besides that, I absolutely enjoyed this book edited by the greatest minds of cetology of our time.
- For the most part, these chapters on cetology are not dull, dry, tedious accounts.
- Example sentences
- The new name, B. omurai, honors the late Japanese cetologist Hideo Omura.
Definition of cetology in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan