- A waxy alcohol occurring in feces and esterified in spermaceti and wool wax. It is used in cosmetics and as an emulsifier.
More example sentences
- Chemical formula: CH3(CH2)15OH
- A new agent promoted for osteoarthritis treatment is cetyl myristoleate, a material synthesized from cetyl alcohol and myristoleic acid.
- Suppositories with a cetyl alcohol content higher than 40%, however, were not deformed at body temperature.
- Compounds which function as wetting agents, such as, for example, pharmaceutically acceptable detergents and cetyl alcohols also are contemplated for use with the inventive formulations.