nounchiefly • historical
- A machine for chopping hay and straw for use as fodder.More example sentences
- The softer side, for example the love and steadfastness of Antigone, is simply uncut hay for the chaff-cutter, the material and not the form of life.
- Do you have a Horwood Bagshaw chaff-cutter with screw bagger fitted please?
- In 1909 JLS patented a Safety Shield for Chaff Cutters, a safety device for the feed of chaff-cutters.
More definitions of chaff-cutterDefinition of chaff-cutter in:
- The British & World English dictionary