Smoke continually, especially by lighting a new cigarette from the butt of the last one smoked.
More example sentences
- I spent my working hours chain-smoking cigarettes and looking through the packs of developed photographs before the customers returned for them.
- You chain-smoked cigarettes, throughout the night.
- The cigarette consumption is voracious - he chain-smokes throughout our interview and has previously smoked his way around the golf course.
- More example sentences
- Not only was she one of the first chain-smokers, but she actually smoked in the street, was known to link arms with servants, and bicycled wearing Liberty frocks.
- There were so many weapons there that I did not even dare smoke and I am a chain-smoker.
- With water all around me I had little choice but to sit under a leaky tarpaulin beside chain-smokers and crying children, only now and then getting a glimpse up into the vast forests I was entering.
More definitions of chain-smokeDefinition of chain-smoke in:
- The British & World English dictionary