noun (plural chaises longues /ˈSHāz ˈlôNG(z)/)
- A reclining chair with a lengthened seat forming a leg rest.More example sentences
- The front room was more of a lounge, with two lavish easy chairs and a chaise lounge formed around a table for guests.
- Amanda shot straight up on the chaise lounge shaking her head.
- But still, I usually like to lounge about in a chaise longue or something while everyone else is doing cannonballs and jackknives and freakish flips off the diving board.
early 19th century: French, literally 'long chair'.
More definitions of chaise longueDefinition of chaise longue in:
- The British & World English dictionary