(also chalcid wasp)
Definition of chalcid in English:
A minute parasitic wasp of a large group whose members lay eggs inside the eggs of other insects. They typically have bright metallic coloration.
- Superfamily Chalcidoidea, order Hymenoptera
- It features unique footage of one of the world's smallest insects, a chalcid wasp known as a fairyfly.
- We identified a high level of mortality to stem beetles due to the attack of the chalcid.
- All species analyzed in this study are organized according to current chalcid taxonomy.
Definition of chalcid in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan