- A soft lightweight clothing fabric made from silk and worsted.More example sentences
- Choose a variety of coordinating prints and solids in fabrics like crinkled and/or patterned velvet or velveteen, lightweight brocade, satin, wool, rayon challis and mediumweight silk.
- Very loosely woven fabrics, fluid fabrics such as rayon challis and some hand-woven fabrics may need more staystitching to control stretching and raveling.
- A subtle palette of brown and white accented with deep blue is the common thread that runs throughout the house - in dark wood furniture and tactile fabrics, such as mohair, linen, tattersall, and challis.
mid 19th century: origin uncertain; perhaps from the surname Challis.
More definitions of challisDefinition of challis in:
- The British & World English dictionary