- A woody plant whose resting buds are on or near the ground.More example sentences
- In the case of the chamaephytes, a lenient grazing pressure is indicated by the different plants.
- The species is a chamaephyte with vegetative survival and slow winter growth of leaves and developing inflorescences.
- Relevant work on the nutritional value of Mediterranean therophyte and chamaephytes and their selection under grazing pressure was not found in the literature.
early 20th century: from Greek khamai 'on the ground' + -phyte.
More definitions of chamaephyteDefinition of chamaephyte in:
- The British & World English dictionary