In carpentry, cut away (a right-angled edge or corner) to make a symmetrical sloping edge.
- The front corners are more chamfered, the headlights cut into the bumper, flanking a lower front grille.
- The straight marlborough legs are chamfered on the inside corners to make them look less blocky and massive when viewed from an angle.
- The scribed outline on the back of the splat of this chair, set about one quarter of an inch from the edge, may have been a guide for chamfering the splat after it was sawn to shape.
A symmetrical sloping surface at an edge or corner.
- There are unfortunate chamfers on the back corners of the plan to allow for rights of light of neighbouring buildings.
- The planks have to be drilled and riveted together side by side with a diagonal chamfer at their ends.
- Plus, surface tension is created without resorting to lines and chamfers.
Words that rhyme with chamfercamphor
For editors and proofreaders
Definition of chamfer in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.