Definition of champak in English:
An Asian evergreen tree of the magnolia family, bearing fragrant orange flowers and sacred to Hindus and Buddhists.
- Michelia champaca, family Magnoliaceae
- The legendary champak, a member of the magnolia family, is a native of the temperate Himalayan region.
- He planted peltophorum in many roads and an avenue with champaks in Malleshwaram and called it Sampige Road.
- And she carried in her hand a champak flower; and she came up to the King, perfuming the air, and said: O King, my mistress sends her lord, by these unworthy hands, a flower, and if he has enjoyed good repose, it is well with her.
from Sanskrit campaka.
Definition of champak in:
- British & World English dictionary