Definition of champak in English:
An Asian evergreen tree of the magnolia family, bearing fragrant orange flowers and sacred to Hindus and Buddhists.
- Michelia champaca, family Magnoliaceae
- The legendary champak, a member of the magnolia family, is a native of the temperate Himalayan region.
- He planted peltophorum in many roads and an avenue with champaks in Malleshwaram and called it Sampige Road.
- And she carried in her hand a champak flower; and she came up to the King, perfuming the air, and said: O King, my mistress sends her lord, by these unworthy hands, a flower, and if he has enjoyed good repose, it is well with her.
from Sanskrit campaka.
Definition of champak in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia