Definition of champignon in English:
A small edible mushroom with a light brown cap, growing in short grass in both Eurasia and North America and widely grown commercially. Also called meadow mushroom, field mushroom.
- Agaricus campestris, family Agaricaceae, class Basidiomycetes
- A combination of bamboo heart, black fungus, dried black mushrooms, fresh champignons and dried seaweed known as ‘fat chye’ are sometimes referred to as Vegetables Deluxe.
- It's because the guy on the phone doesn't know that a champignon and a mushroom is one and the same thing.
- The British mushroom which was most dried in former times was the champignon or fairy ring mushroom.
Definition of champignon in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan